This article provides a detailed guide on how to configure JumpCloud as an identity provider.
By leveraging the Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) protocol, Perimeter 81 can authenticate users through JumpCloud, ensuring a secure and efficient login process.
- Open the JumpCloud Administrator Console.
- Select SSO in the main navigation panel.
- Click Add New Application in the upper left.
- Search for "Perimeter 81" in the search bar at the bottom of the page, and click Configure.
- Choose a Display Label (Usually: Perimeter 81) and click the SSO tab.
- In the Single Sign-On configuration section, fill in the following information. Replace YOUR_WORKSPACE with your Perimeter 81 workspace name (see attached example).
- IDP Entity ID: Enter https://YOUR_WORKSPACE.perimeter81.com/
- SP Entity ID: Enter urn:auth0:perimeter81:YOUR_WORKSPACE-oc
- ACS URL: Enter https://auth.perimeter81.com/login/callback?connection=YOUR_WORKSPACE-oc
- IDP URL: You can leave it as is. This value will be used later when configuring the identity provider on the Perimeter 81 side.
- Make sure to leave the rest of the fields with the default values:
- Under User Groups, verify that you are giving permissions to only the groups you want.
- Click Activate.
- Click the newly created Application
10. Click the drop-down menu next to IDP Certificate Valid, then download the certificate.
Configuring JumpCloud in the Management Platform
Now, you will configure the integration from the Perimeter 81 side.
- Log in to your Perimeter 81 Management Platform, navigate to Settings, and then Identity Providers.
- Select + Add Provider.
- Choose SAML 2.0 Identity Providers.
- Sign-In URL: Usually, this will be https://sso.jumpcloud.com/saml2/perimeter81, unless you selected another IDP URL in the previous section of the guide.
- Add your organization domain.
- Paste or upload the certificate from JumpCloud.
- Select Done.