Perimeter 81 enables platform administrators to set a unique set of configurations for a specific group or multiple groups of users. Each set of configurations is called a profile.
How to add a new profile?
- Select Settings and then Configuration Profiles on the left side of the screen.
- Select Add Configuration Profile.
- Name the profile and fill in an appropriate description.
- Assign the profile to one or more user groups.
- Set General Configurations, Network Configurations, and OS-Specific Configurations according to the profile's use case.
The default profile is a set of default configurations associated with every user whose group doesn't have a matching profile.
You can customize the default profile by selecting the pen icon you.
You may have noticed that one group of users can be associated with several profiles, and one user can belong to more than one group.
The profile that will be presented to the user once he's logged into the endpoint client will be the last profile created (in case it's associated with one of the groups that the user belongs to).
You can also customize the priority of the profile as shown below (the greater the index number is, the higher the priority it gets):