This article describes how you can efficiently manage the desktop/mobile clients' settings.
Opening the Settings area
- Double click the application icon. Select Sign in to Perimeter 81. You'll be redirected to the sign-in web page.
- Enter the workspace URL and select Continue.
- Once you entered your credentials the application will be prompted.
- Select the setting icon (bottom left corner of the screen. Make sure that you are not connected.
- Make your selections on each tab and select Apply to update the settings.
The General tab allows you to manage startup, notifications, app updates, and advanced settings.
|Settings||If you select the checkbox...|
|Run on Startup||The Perimeter 81 app will start when you boot your device.|
|Connect on Launch||The Perimeter 81 app will connect to the network when launched.|
|Start minimized||The Perimeter 81 app window will be minimized to the taskbar.|
|Enable notifications||Notifications will be shown whether the device is connected or disconnected.|
|Check for Updates: Select to check for updates to the app.|
|Automatic Updates||Enables automatic updates of your Perimeter81 application|
|Snowplow Report||Enables sending reports of user experience to Snowplow|
The Protocols tab allows you to choose one of the following protocols. Read the description of each option to see which works best for your environment.
- Automatic (set by you workspace admin)
The Auto Wi-Fi allows you to select automatic wi-fi security and manage trusted wi-fi networks.
The Always On allows you to enable the VPN to connect automatically when an internet connection is available.
The Support tab allows you to:
- Reset Agent - Allows the user to restart the Perimeter 81 UI.
- Check out our knowledge base.
- Open a support chat.
- Run a health check and send the results to the support team
Automatic Silent Updates
This options gives the administrator the ability to enable automated client version upgrades. When enabled, the VPN client is upgraded automatically and silently as new versions become available without the user's or administrator's involvement.
This feature can be controlled by the administrators and the users:
Administrators can enable and lock it down via the Perimeter 81 workspace (_yourcompanyname_.perimeter81.com) where it can be enabled or disabled per Operating System. Currently, we only support desktop operating system and hope to bring this functionality to the mobile platforms in the future.
Users can also enable or disable the feature directly from the client (unless it's locked by the workspace administrator), using: Settings -> General -> Automatic Updates.