The deployment process of Perimeter 81 varies depending on your MDM (Mobile Device Management) provider and is done utilizing a public app deployment process.
If you are managing the Perimeter 81 client deployment using MDM you should disable the Update client functions in the Perimeter 81 Web Console to prevent looping client installation issues.
- Download the Perimeter 81 agent
- MDM deployment with SWG
- Using SCCM? Click here.
- deployment guides for common MDM providers
.msi installation flags:
Silent Installation and get the installation status back to the deployment service:
.pkg installation flags:
- $ sudo installer -pkg Perimeter81_x.x.x.xxx.pkg -target /
- $ sudo chown -R $(stat -f%Su /dev/console) "/Applications/Perimeter 81.app"
- $ chmod -R u=rwx "/Applications/Perimeter 81.app"
Pre-populate the workspace (Replace "workspace_name" with your actual workspace) -Agent version 18.104.22.168+
- $ sudo defaults write com.perimeter81d workspace workspace_name
Remove pre-populated workspace - Agent version 22.214.171.124+
- $ sudo defaults delete com.perimeter81d workspace
Uninstall script download link: Uninstall Script for MacOS
SWG Support For macOS
- If your tenant is using Perimeter 81's Web Security (SWG) offering, deployments of the SWG-Enabled agents should be applied with your Customer Success Engineer.
- Full MDM support for SWG on macOS is coming soon.