This article describes how you can efficiently manage the desktop/mobile clients' settings.
Opening the Settings section
- Double-click the application icon. Select Sign in to Perimeter 81. You'll be redirected to the sign-in web page.
- Enter the workspace URL and select Continue.
- Once you entered your credentials the application will be prompted.
- Select the setting icon (bottom left corner of the screen. Make sure that you are not connected.
- Make your selections on each tab and select Apply to update the settings.
The General tab allows you to manage startup, notifications, app updates, and advanced settings.
|Settings||If you select the checkbox...|
|Run on Startup||The Perimeter 81 app will start when you boot your device.|
|Connect on Launch||The Perimeter 81 app will connect to the network when launched.|
|Start minimized||The Perimeter 81 app window will be minimized to the taskbar.|
|Enable notifications||Notifications will be shown whether the device is connected or disconnected.|
|Check for Updates: Select to check for updates to the app.|
|Automatic Updates||Enables automatic updates of your Perimeter81 application|
|Snowplow Report||Enables sending reports of user experience to Snowplow|
The Protocols tab allows you to choose one of the following protocols. Read the description of each option to see which works best for your environment.
- Automatic (set by you workspace admin)
The Auto Wi-Fi allows you to select automatic wi-fi security and manage trusted wi-fi networks.
The Always On allows you to enable the VPN to connect automatically when an internet connection is available.
The Support tab allows you to:
- Reset Agent - Allows the user to restart the Perimeter 81 UI.
- Check out our knowledge base.
- Open a support chat.
- Run a health check and send the results to the support team