This article describes how to set up an L2TP connection to your Perimeter 81 gateway using Windows 10's native VPN.
- Setting up the network
- Connecting to the Management Platform
Please follow the steps below:
Setting up the network
- To add a new VPN for Windows connection, select Start on your desktop and then select system Settings.
Go to the Network & Internet.
Select VPN from the menu.
Select Add a VPN Connection.
- Fill in the required fields with the following information:
- Connection name: Choose an indicative name of your own choice.
- Server name or address: Enter your server DNS or IP. This information can be found in the Network tab in your Perimeter 81 platform, as shown below.
- VPN Type: L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key
- Pre-shared key: SaferVPN2017
- User name and Password: Open the Perimeter 81 Management Platform, and go to the Team tab. Select the member for which you'd like to generate a unique pair of username and password, select the three-dotted menu (...) and choose Manage Devices.
The following screen displays:
6. Select Create Access Key. Copy the Access Key ID and paste into the User name field. Copy the Secret Access Key and paste into the Password field.
Connecting to the Management Platform
Once your changes are saved, select the created Perimeter 81 connection.
Select Connect to start the VPN connection.