To manually set up IKEv2 protocol to Perimeter 81 directly in the MacOS system, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your desktop.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. In the System Preferences window, select Network.
Create a New Connection
1. Select (+) to add a new connection.
2. Select VPN for the Interface.
3. Select IKEv2 for the VPN Type.
4. Enter “Perimeter81” for Service Name.
5. Select Create.
6. Fill in according to the following:
- Server address, Remote ID and Local ID fields: Enter the IP Address of the gateway you'd like to connect to (can be found in the Perimeter 81 management platform under Networks).
7. Now, you will have to create a manual VPN key for each user. Leave the MacOS Settings windows open. Enter the Team tab in the Management Portal. Then the Members tab below.
8. Select the user you'd like to manage. Select the three-dotted menu (...) on the right side of the window. Then select Manage Devices.
9. The next page allows the admin to see the devices of each user and their VPN keys. You will be able to create additional Access Keys using Create Access Key. For your protection, you should never share your secret keys with anyone. As a best practice, we recommend frequent key rotation.
10. Select Close when finished.
11. Go back to MacOS VPN settings windows and select Authentication Settings.
12. Select Username, then fill in your Access Key ID as your Username and your Secret Access Key as your Password. Select OK.
1. Open the Network Settings window.
2. Select your new Perimeter 81 connection on the left.
3. Select Connect.