To manually set up IKEv2 protocol to Perimeter 81 directly in the MacOS system, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your desktop.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. In the System Preferences window, select Network.
Create a New Connection
1. Select (+) to add a new connection.
2. Select VPN for the Interface.
3. Select IKEv2 for the VPN Type.
4. Enter “Perimeter81” for Service Name.
5. Select Create.
Configure Perimeter 81 Connection
1. For the Server address, Remote ID and Local ID fields, choose the desired one from your list of private servers in the Admin Portal and enter the value under DNS. (See image below to find private server DNS).
2. Now, you will have to create a manual VPN key for each user. Enter the Team tab in the Management Portal. Then the Members tab below.
3. Select the user you'd like to manage. Select the three-dotted menu (...) on the right side of the window. Then select Manage Devices.
4. The next page allows the admin to see the devices of each user and their VPN keys. You will be able to create additional Access Keys using Create Access Key. For your protection, you should never share your secret keys with anyone. As a best practice, we recommend frequent key rotation.
5. Select Close when finished.
1. Open the Network Settings window.
2. Select your new Perimeter 81 connection on the left.
3. Select Connect.