In order to set up an L2TP connection to your Perimeter 81 gateway using Windows 10's native VPN, follow the following steps.
- In order to add a new VPN for Windows connection, begin by selecting the Start button on your desktop followed by your system Settings.
- Go to the Network & Internet.
- Select VPN from the menu.
Click Add a VPN Connection.
- Fill in the required fields according to the following:
- Connection name: Choose an indicative name of your own choice.
- Server name or address: Enter your server DNS or IP. This information can be found in the network tab in your Perimeter 81 platform, as shown below.
- VPN Type: L2TP/IPSec with pre-shared key
- Pre-shared key: SaferVPN2017
- User name and Password: Open the Perimeter 81 Management Platform, and go to the Team tab. Choose the member for which you'd like to generate a unique pair of username and password, click the three dotted icon and choose Manage Devices.
The following screen will open:
Click Create Access Key. Copy the Access Key ID and paste into the User name field. Copy the Secret Access Key and paste in to the password.