The ability to create your own Network is one of the fundamental features of the Perimeter 81 Platform. In order to start building your Network, simply click into the “Network” tab at the top of the Management Portal.
Check the Available Gateway Licenses
The number of available Gateway Licenses is shown on the Network screen. You need to ensure you have the available licenses for the Network you are planning to build.
Add Gateway Licenses
In case you don’t have available gateways licenses to build your Network, you can purchase more licenses by clicking “Add Licenses” on your Network screen.
Once the Gateway Licenses screen opens, enter the number of Servers you want to purchase and click “Continue.”
Note: You can choose to switch to Yearly payments to enjoy a discount on licenses. Simply select the ‘Yearly Save 20%’ ribbon.
The number of available Licenses will be updated on the top left of your Network screen:
How to Create a Network
After you have specified how many gateway licenses you need, you can begin creating your Network. Click on the “Create Network” button on the Network tab and the Create Network screen will open.
Enter the following data:
- Network Name – A logical name for the Network you are building. For example, HQ, Finance, Staging, etc.
* Network Tags – Use tags to help identify the different purposes and/or teams your Network will support.
- Subnet – Optional. The subnet of the Perimeter81 network is a private range of IP addresses. It cannot be changed later, so please make sure to select the subnet that you are not utilizing in your internal network. If the subnet is not specified, its value will be 10.255.0.0/16 by default.
- Region – Region is the physical location where the gateway will be deployed. Please choose from the available regions listed.
- Gateways – The number of gateways you want to deploy in this region. Having multiple gateways enables high availability and better load balance. The number of gateways should not exceed the number of available licenses.
- You can add multiple regions by pressing the “Add Region” button.
- You will not be allowed to add more regions if all your licenses are allocated to gateways in other locations.
After defining your Network specifications, you can see your Network being created.:
After the Network is successfully created, it will appear in the Network tab.
Clicking on the Network name will display its details:
How to Create an IPSec Site-2-Site Tunnel
IPSec Site-2-Site Tunnel is a security feature that allows you to create a secure communication link between two different networks located at different sites. By creating the IPSec Tunnel, you can connect your gateway to your local network or cloud services.
To create a tunnel, begin by navigating to your Network screen:
By pressing the three dots (…) on the right of the gateway, the “Add Tunnel” menu option will open the “IPSec Site-2-Site Tunnel” screen:
You should provide the following details:
- Name: The name of the Tunnel you want to create.
- Shared Secret: A pre-shared key is a string of characters (like a password) that will be used by both of the tunnel parties.
- Public IP: This is the public IP address of the second end of the tunnel,
- Remote ID: In most cases, the ID of the remote tunnel is the public IP of the tunnel. However, it must be configured to the same value on both ends.
- Perimeter 81 Gateway Proposed Subnets: The IPSec network selector must be configured to the same value at both ends of the tunnel.
- Remote Gateway Proposed Subnets: The remote subnet selector must be configured to the same value on both tunnel ends. If you do not specify the subnets, you will need to do so manually using the Perimeter 81 Routes Table configuration.
- Routing Subnets: We have slightly changed it last week
Create Tunnel Connection
Clicking “Add Tunnel” will create the tunnel connection between the Perimeter 81 gateway and your local network/ cloud service.
After the tunnel is created, it will be displayed on the Network diagram: