To manually set up IKEv2 protocol to Perimeter 81 directly in the Windows 10 system, follow our step by step guide below:
- To add a new VPN for Windows connection, begin by selecting the Start button on your desktop followed by your system Settings.
- Next click on the Network & Internet.
- Select VPN from the menu.
- Click Add a VPN connection.
- Fill in the required fields, as shown below with an explanation of how to fill in the following steps:
Server name or address
For the Server address, Remote ID and Local ID fields, choose the desired server from your list of private servers in the Admin Portal and enter the value under DNS. (See image below to find private server DNS)
L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared key
Type of sign-in info
User name and password
Username and Password
Now, you will have to create a manual VPN key for each user. Enter the Team tab in the Management Portal. Then the Members tab below. Select the user you'd like to manage. Click on the setting sections which are the three dots (...) which can be found on the right side of the window. Then click, Manage Devices (see image below)
This will take you to a new page which allows the admin to see the devices of each user and their VPN keys. You will now be able to create additional access keys using the “Create Access Key” button. The Access Key ID becomes your Username and the Secret Access Key becomes your Password (see image below):
Server name or address: