To manually set up IKEv2 protocol to Perimeter 81 directly on the MacOS system, follow our step by step guides detailed below:
- Open the Apple Menu in the upper left corner of your desktop.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click Network.
- Create a New Connection
Click(+) to add a new connection.
- Select VPN for the Interface.
- Select IKEv2 for the VPN Type.
- Enter “Perimeter81” for Service Name.
- Click Create.
Configure Perimeter 81 Connection
9. For the Server address, Remote ID and Local ID fields, choose the desired one from your list of private servers in the Admin Portal and enter the value under DNS. (See image below to find private server DNS)
10. Now, you will have to create a manual VPN key for each user. Enter the Team tab in the Management Portal. Then the Members tab below. Select the user you'd like to manage. Click the three dots (...) on the right side of the window. Then click, Manage Devices.
11. This will take you to a new page which allows the admin to see the devices of each user and their VPN keys. You will be able to create additional Access Keys using the “Create Access Key” button. The Access Key ID becomes your Username (in iOS menu fields) and the Secret Access Key becomes your Password.
12. Click OK.
13. Click Apply.
- Open the Network Settings window.
- Select your new Perimeter 81 connection on the left.
- Click Connect.