How to add a VNC Zero Trust Application
The following guide walks you through configuring a VNC connection to a remote server (Linux or Windows). Make sure you are familiar with the server's authentication methods and that you have a tunnel connecting your network and the environment that hosts the server before you begin.
1. Go to the Applications tab at the Perimeter 81 Platform. Select Add application.
2. Fill in the following information:
- Application Name: Choose an indicative name of your own choice.
- Protocol: VNC
- Icon: Use default or choose an icon of your own choice.
- Host: Enter the internal IP address of the server to which you'd like to connect.
- Port: 5900
- Network: Choose the network that contains the gateway from which you created a tunnel to the environment that hosts the server you'd like to connect to.
- Max number of connections: 1
- Display Application Icon at Login Screen: Choose according to your own preference.
- URL Alias (Optional): See further instructions here.
- Authentication: The password predefined in your VNC.
- Access Groups: State the names of the user group who'll have access to the VNC application.
- Policy: Leave blank, or choose a policy that was previously created and matches your needs.
3. In order to connect to the application insert the application FQDN in the URL line of your browser or connect through the Perimeter 81 platform.