How to Create a Network
In order to create a network for your organization, follow this step by step guide. If you are still unsure what a Perimeter 81 network is, we recommend reading the attached article.
- Select Create Network on the Network tab.
- Once the below window has opened, fill in according to the following:
Enter the following data:
- Network Name – An indicative name for the Network you are building. For example, HQ, Finance, or Staging
- Network Tags – Use tags to help identify the different purposes and/or teams your Network will support
- Subnet – Optional. If the subnet is not specified, it will receive a default value of 10.255.0.0/16.
Important: Once the network is created the subnet range(s) cannot be changed, so please make sure to select the subnet that is not being utilised in your internal network.
- Region – Region is the physical location where the gateway will be deployed. Choose one or more regions from the available regions listed (Europe, North America, East Asia, Australia and Israel).
- Gateways – The number of gateways you want to deploy in a particular region. Having multiple gateways enables high availability and a better load balance. The number of gateways should not exceed the number of available licenses.
After defining your Network specifications, you can see your Network being created.:
After the Network is successfully created, it will appear in the Network tab.