The very first step in creating your secure network is to add your team members. The team area is fundamental to the Perimeter 81 platform.
1. To start inviting your team members, select Team in the Management Portal on the left side.
2. Select Invite Members and then enter your team members’ emails. Then select Invite Team Members.
If you have available licenses, simply type in the team members' emails and they will receive a welcome invite. They will use this link to claim their new account credentials, log in to your organization workspace, create their password, and download the Perimeter 81 apps.
You can send several invites at once, separating emails with commas.
As an invited team member, each user will only have access to the servers and regions they are permitted access to by the administrator.
1. To give your team members different levels of permission and assign roles, select the three-dotted menu (...) next to team members' names to change their roles.
2. Select the user’s desired role and select Apply.
Follow the link for more information about roles.
Here are the different ways for end-users to connect to their Perimeter 81 account:
User & Password
If you have available licenses, simply type in the team members' emails and they will receive a welcome invite. They will use this link to claim their new account credentials, log in to your organization workspace, create their password, and download the Perimeter 81 application.
Perimeter 81 offers seamless Single Sign-On integration with several identity providers, including Okta, G Suite and Microsoft Azure AD. For on-premises, Perimeter 81 integrates with Active Directory/LDAP through the Active Directory/LDAP Connector that you install on your network.
With Identity Provider integrations, your team can instantly and securely log in to Perimeter 81 with the credentials they use for your organization’s Single-Sign-On provider.
1. To integrate your Identity Provider of choice, select Settings on the left-hand side menu.
2. Go to the Security tab and select Add Provider.
3. Add and submit the specific details requested for your provider of choice.
Perimeter 81 offers extra security through two-factor authentication via SMS/push notifications, Google Authenticator and Duo Security.
1. To activate Two-factor Authentication, select Settings in the left-hand menu and then select the Security tab. Select Two-factor Authentication and select Turn On.
2. You can select one from the following Two-factor Authentication methods:
- SMS/Push Notification - Team members will receive a code via SMS or push notification for secure log in
- Google Authenticator
- Duo Security
You can also choose to select team members that will be required to complete two-factor authentication either for every login or once every 30 days. Then select Done. You will now see green text in the status bar indicating that Two-Factor authentication has been activated.