Instead of creating a tunnel between your Perimeter 81 server and your Firewall/Router you can install a WireGuard based connector on a Linux server in your organization that will serve the same purpose.
Step 1: Configure the connector at the Perimeter 81 Management Portal
- Under the Network tab in the left menu, click on name of the network in which you'd like to set the tunnel. Locate the desired gateway, click the three dotted icon and press Add Tunnel.
- The following window will pop:
Choose Perimeter 81 Connector, then press Continue.
- Make sure you have an Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 LTS, RedHat EL7 or equivalent (such as CentOS 7) instance set within your local network or VPC, then press Next.
- Enter a Name of your choice, and the Endpoint, meaning the IP address from which the linux server is connecting to the internet, accompanied by the correlating Subnet range (the values in the attached screenshot are for demonstration only). Press Next.
Note: You can query the Endpoint by executing the following command in your Linux terminal
dig +short myip.opendns.com @resolver1.opendns.com
- Confirm and Apply, then wait until the deployment is finished (this may take several minutes).
Step 2: Configure the connector on your Local Linux Machine
Prerequisites for connector:
On CentOS/RedHat EL7:
- You should now see the connector under the Network section. Click the three dots besides its icon, then click Configure. A similar window will open (the displayed command varies from connector to connector):
Copy the Command.
- Run the command that you copied (press Yes at Stage 4).
- Follow the instructions during the connector installation on the Linux server
Step 3: Verify that the Connector is Up
Connect to your Perimeter 81 server with the designated app (you can do it on any machine).
Open the terminal and run the following command:
(replace with your Perimeter 81 internal server IP)
- If the ping command fails, please make sure that you went through all the steps. If the issue persists, please contact our support services.