The ability to create your own Network is one of the fundamental features of the Perimeter 81 Platform. After you have specified how many gateway licenses you need, you can begin creating your Network. Click on the “Create Network” button on the Network tab and the Create Network screen will open.
Enter the following data:
- Network Name – A logical name for the Network you are building. For example, HQ, Finance, Staging, etc.
* Network Tags – Use tags to help identify the different purposes and/or teams your Network will support.
- Subnet – Optional. The subnet of the Perimeter81 network is a private range of IP addresses. It cannot be changed later, so please make sure to select the subnet that you are not utilizing in your internal network. If the subnet is not specified, its value will be 10.255.0.0/16 by default.
- Region – Region is the physical location where the gateway will be deployed. Please choose from the available regions listed.
- Gateways – The number of gateways you want to deploy in this region. Having multiple gateways enables high availability and better load balance. The number of gateways should not exceed the number of available licenses.
- You can add multiple regions by pressing the “Add Region” button.
- You will not be allowed to add more regions if all your licenses are allocated to gateways in other locations.
After defining your Network specifications, you can see your Network being created.:
After the Network is successfully created, it will appear in the Network tab.
Clicking on the Network name will display its details:
Network topology will show the different locations and different gateways per location.